Our full Property management service is a very comprehensive package, designed to maximise the protection and maintenance of your property to a standard it was in at the beginning of a tenancy; fair wear and tear excepted. At Sab Estate Agent our property management service involves:
- Our experienced lettings manager or a senior negotiator will be very happy to discuss and explain the procedure for letting your property and the service we offer. We would also advice you about legal requirements and provide you with up-to-date rental market rates.
- We will be advertising your property on all the major property portals including Find a Property, Property Finder, Prime Location, and Zoopla. We also use a number of small portals as well as forwarding our property list to the HR Department of Major companies in order to maximise exposure.
- A member of Sab Estate Agents will always accompany prospective tenants to show your property. This gives us an opportunity to match their needs and requirements to your specifications. Once we identify the right tenant suitable for your property, we will notify you via phone/email to provide you with adequate information about the tenant(s) so that you can decide whether to accept their offer or not.
- Once you accept the offer, we will collect a holding deposit from the tenant and obtain the required references including previous landlord, employment, character and credit search/bank reference and advise you if the prospective tenant is suitable.
- Once you approve the references, we will then prepare the tenancy documents and arrange for the tenant/s to sign all the required documents and pay the first month’s rent and deposit.
- The keys to your property will be released to the tenant on moving-in day. We will arrange for a professional inventory company to conduct a full check in /checkout and provide a written report.
- Our member of staff will note meter readings to notify utility suppliers of the new tenancy and will also inform the council to initiate council taxes in the tenants’ name.
- The security deposit will be kept in a government approved deposit protection scheme.
- Staff at Sab Estate Agents will be the focal point in negotiations between the tenant and landlord. He or she will monitor problems and ensure their swift resolution. Liaising with all parties involved with the property and mediating in disputes is an often thankless but key role of our property manager.
- A standing order mandate between the tenant’s bank and ours will be setup at the time of signing the tenancy agreement. This will ensure that rents are paid on time to our account. We will calculate and deduct our fees and transfer the remainder into your bank account.
- We will provide monthly statements showing rental income received, fees charged and the net payment made to you. Payment will normally be made to you by electronic transfer direct to nominated UK bank or building society account.
- As and when appropriate, we will take appropriate action to chase up and then recover arrears. We will notify you when the rent due under the tenancy agreement falls in arrears by more than 5 days. If it becomes necessary to take legal action, we can provide assistance to begin proceedings against the tenant.
- We will administer any renewal of the tenancy agreement or extension of the contract and provide you regular reviews of the rental level payable on your property compared against current market conditions.
- If you wish to end the tenancy at an appropriate time, then we will help with the serving of a termination notice.
- Regarding the maintenance and repair work, we will respond to emergencies by taking whatever measures are considered appropriate. The property manager will normally contact you about all work on the property, particularly when expenditure is above a set level. However in cases of emergency where your property would be put at risk by a lack of action, the property manager may act without your consent.
- We would instruct either the Landlord’s recommended contractor or our contractor to investigate and rectify any faults reported at the property. The cost of maintenance and repair work will be deducted from the rent or any funds held on account, and copies of invoices will be sent to the Landlord.
- In the event that major works need to be carried out, an estimate will be provided and sent to the Landlord for his/her approval.
- Sab’s Estate Agents will conduct routine visits to your property, to monitor the general condition that the tenant is maintaining the property
- If the property manager is not satisfied, he/she will remind the tenant of their contractual obligations and we will inform you in writing of our concerns, the suggested course of action and will arrange to make further visits.
- After each inspection a report would be sent to you to keep you up-to-date with the current condition of the property and will include our comments with regard to any recommendations or tenant’s requests.
Our Fee 15% (this includes Let Only, Rent Collection & Full Management)